Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just Go With It.. Please.

I'm going to try my best to recap tonight's sermon. The last missio dei..
Luke 10:38-42
So, two young ladies- one's got it right, the other's rhythm is off.
What are the signs that your rhythm is off?

  • you're distracted
  • you're accusing
  • you're full of self pity
  • you're worried
  • you're irritable
Look, I don't know where you are right now.. but how many of us have been too distracted with, e.g., Facebook; you always have something preoccupying yourself. WHY ISN'T JESUS preoccupying you?! That's just an example of the listed "signs".. 

To get your rhythm right:
  1. Welcome Jesus! Hello, it's that simple!! All you have to do is say,"Lord, I welcome you into my life. Come in. Invade it."
    That's what I want. I want Jesus to invade my space.. invade me. I don't want there to be room for anything else except Him and all that relates to Him. Anyone with me?
  2. Listen to Jesus! "Those who talk by the yard and listen by the inch get kicked by the foot." ... a glorious foot of Jesus'. Haha, so, here's a tip. SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Offended yet? I'm fine by that. But maybe you should .. get this.. HEAR me out. hehe. If you just took a minute to listen instead of rambling, ranting, pestering, blabbing (kind of like I am now), maybe you'd actually hear what God's trying to tell you! If you don't listen, you may end up doing something that He didn't even call you to do!!
    I really suggest that everyone takes time to spend with Jesus. Sit at the feet of Jesus. Take time and ask How, Who, What, When, Where, Why? to God. Pray and read. I suggest fasting and meditating.
    It's like . . . if you don't listen, and you're doing what you think are the "good" ideas . . you may be missing out on God's ideas. 
  3. Keep choosing Jesus!
    Simple.. He's the "good portion". He is the good things. Yep, that's Him. I heard tonight from an excerpt of some letter(?) of a woman,"You're at risk of running dry if you don't spend time with the well of life." That just really hit me tonight. I am at risk of being DRIED UP if I don't keep choosing Jesus. That's it. 
Tonight's worship was absolutely phenomenal. I had to share. I have never felt so happy, victorious, worthless, weak, filthy, pure, and joyful at the same time. It was spectacular and I want to feel that everyday, all day. 

I wrote this a while ago.. little did I know that it would apply to me, here and now.. Heck, maybe it'll apply to  you, fellow reader.
The lights in this house are all dimmed.
How does it stand, with its foundation crumbling in?
Dusty and dry,
You cannot pry
Open its doors.
Someone crack open a window;
This darkness needs to dwindle.
Wash her with water.
Bring her back to who brought her,
For she is weak.
This is she
Who has less life
Than the driest places of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment